The evidenced based curricula to be used in WA PREP include:
- Making Proud Choices
- Reducing the Risk
- Sistas, Informing, Healing, Living, Empowering (SiHLE)
- Be Proud! Be Responsible!
- Draw the Line! Respect the Line!
Each curriculum will educate adolescents on both abstinence and contraception to prevent pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections (STIs), including HIV/AIDS. In addition, adaptations will be made to each curriculum to ensure the following three adult preparation subjects are covered:
- Healthy relationships, such as positive self-esteem, relationship dynamics, friendships, dating, romantic involvement, marriage, and family interactions
- Parent-child communication
- Healthy life skills, such as goal-setting, decision making, negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills and stress management
The National Health Education Standards (NHES) were developed to establish, promote and support health-enhancing behaviors for students in all grade levels—from pre-Kindergarten through grade 12. Each curricula incorporates all eight NHES.